Monday, January 24, 2011

Fog Emitter Effects Animations Series

Due to lack of interest in the latest videos, there won't be any more from this point on. The Showtime videos are the last ones. I'm sorry to cancel the series but it takes an insane amount of time and effort to produce these and with so few viewers it's just not something I can justify to myself anymore. I have a life too. ;) Don't get me wrong either, I could care less about how many Youtube views I get, but I have to spend my Simming time doing what is most useful to the community. People seem to use my lots much more than my tutorials so I'm going to spend my time on those instead. I hope that makes sense.  

This tutorial series is a complete animated list of the fog emitter effects from the Sims 3. This is an ongoing project and due to the amount of animations(there are a lot!) they are grouped alphabetically and I will release them as I finish them. Please watch the intro as it explains how these are organized and other important things. Update: I finally had a chance(or remembered) to test codes for an expansion I do not own, and am pleased to say that the codes still work as long as you have the latest updates. And thanks to the test of a helper, we know that the codes will transfer in an upload even if the downloader does not have a certain expansion. 
                                               
Note- The "shut up" comments are only jokes. I was only trying to be funny. Sorry if I failed on that but they aren't meant to be anything but silly. Someone thought I was serious with that so I thought I would include this note just in case...

  (Click on the Titles) Intro and Tutorial
  • Group A  This group includes stars, lights, sparkles, flames, lightening, insects, water , sound waves,fight effects and  symbols(+,arrow).
  • Group B This group includes lights, sparkles, smoke, water, hearts, bubbles, insects(bugs and butterflies), smilies, small explosions, birds, flame, water, portals, sound waves, symbols(build mode and floating).   
  • Group C-D This group includes lights, sparkles, smoke,  hearts, stamp, whirlwinds, insects,  magnifying glass, coins, small to huge explosions, birds, flame, sound waves, food, symbols(build mode and math).  
  • Group EP1 This group includes lights, sparkles, sparks, fireworks, fire, electric, lightening, explosions, portals, smoke, dust, steam, whirlwinds, drips, fountains, water, bubbles, liquids,  food, bugs(including butterflies), boards and rocks breaking, dirt, crumbling, grass, hearts, darts, passports, goop, dancing gnome and teddy bear.   
  • Group Late Night This group is a catch up since I just found the Late Night codes. The rest of the Late Night codes will be included with the others alphabetically. This group Includes liquids, bubbles, 2bugs and 1glowing butterfly, lights and stars.   
  • Group EP2  This group includes lights, sparkles, sparks, rays, flames, fire, electricity, lightening, explosions, portals, smoke, dust, steam, whirlwinds, tornadoes, drips, suds, water, ice, fog, ghosts, meteors, rainbow vortex, trash, laundry, flies, sticks, boards and rocks, breaking, dirt, crumbling, leaves, hearts, gas, sound waves, lasers,arrows, balloons, confetti, symbols(cursing, firefighting, plus & magnifying glass)    
  • Group EP3-1  This group includes lights, sparkles, sparks, flames(colored), fire, electricity, aquarium effects,  smoke, dust, steam, , arcade effects, bubbles of different shapes, digital dartboard  effects(bunnies and dinosaurs shooting missiles, fog, hearts, lasers, confetti, fizz, matches, music notes, falling ashes, snow, bottles breaking and liquids.   
  • Group EP3-2  This group includes aquarium fish, fans, fountains, glowing effects, lights, gobo effects, music notes, water jets, water,bubbles, hearts, leaves, liquids, fizz, flames(different colors), pigeons, arcade effects, soda tabs, straws, steam, static,suds, bats, reticules, sparkles, smoke, and misc. vampire effects.  
  • Group E-F  This group includes lights, sparkles, smoke,  hearts, stamp, whirlwinds, sparks, cool test effects, drips, fountains, fireworks, rings, cursors, flame, fire, food, fish, waves,  splashes, flies, balls, symbols(enemy) and smilies.   
  • Group G-O   This group includes lights, sparkles, smoke,  hearts, steam, geese,sparks, test effects, drips, fountains, fog, music, halo, flame, fire, ghost fog, waves, splashes, bubbles, symbols(couples, plus,construction), spills, hot-air balloon, electric sparks, bugs, fountain, leaves, mail and explosions.   
  • Group Generations This group includes This group includes lights(flashing, glowing, rays, pulsating), bubbles, fizz, eggs, sparkles, smoke, hearts, steam, feathers , lava lamp goo, confetti, flags, dust, dirt/sand, stink fog, dust, characters, flame, fire, liquids(pouring, spraying, splashing)  colored whirlwinds, pictures and explosions.     
  • Group P-R This group includes lights(glowing/flashing), sparkles, smoke(regular, stink, colors),  steam, puke, electricity, paperballs, drips, repo gun, rockets, music, teleporting, rain, rapids, rats, flies, sound waves, splashes, bubbles, ripples, building symbols, balloons, stamps and leaves.   
  • Group S This group includes lights(glowing), sparkles, smoke(regular, stink, colors),   paper, water (drips, sprinklers, toilets), music,  sail boats(that's right :),  sound waves, sample effects not in game, hearts, ghosts and ghost fog, spheres, lightening, speech bubbles, fire, seagulls, seaweed, dust, flag, smileys, soundwaves, snow, hearts, fish, food, bubbles, suds, ripples and symbols.   
  • Group T-Z This group includes lights(glowing), sparkles, smoke(regular, stink, colors),   money, water (drips, sprinklers, toilets), music,  trains(that's right :),  toys, water falls, tv screens, stars, hearts, arrows, sparks, lasers, bats, thought and speech bubbles, seeds, zzz's, portals, water buoy, clouds, windmill,  suds, weather vane, fog and symbols.   
  • Group Pets-1 This group includes lights(glowing, orbs), sparkles, smoke(stink, colors), water (drips, sprinklers, ripples, splashes, drool) pet food, feathers, scratches, lots of hay, hearts, flies, fleas, fantastic portals, vomit, suds, fight clouds, dust, dirt, animal eyes, fire hoops, flames and grass.  
  • Group Pets-2 This group includes lights(glowing, orbs, flashing), sparkles, hay, hearts(woohoo), vomit, dust,  mail, water (drips, ripples, toilets, splashes) music notes,  hay, rope,  zzz's, suds, bubbles,  woohoo hearts, ice-cream drips, stink fog, flies, pet food, dander, flames, rain clouds, rainbows, explosions, rubber ducky, pet symbols, trash, electricity, plants, aurora's and beams.    
  • Showtime-1  This group includes lights(glowing, orbs, flashing), sparkles,  bubble hearts, music notes, bubbles,  woohoo hearts, flames, electricity, whirlwinds, arcade graphics, smoke, stars, butterflies,  water splash, records, doves, sparkles, snowflakes, snow, lips, strawberries,  lasers, confetti, balloons, chains, static and crowd animations.   
  • Showtime-2 This group includes lights(glowing, orbs, flashing), sparkles, hearts(woohoo), dust, clouds, water, fountains, music notes,  bugs and bees, flames, throwing of items, fight symbols, smoke,doves, feathers, misc. magic animations, confetti, stars, golf animations and electricity.
  • Updated F.E. list. http://simsvip.com/category/fog-emitter-codes/

85 comments :

  1. Woah eve that is pretty darn amazing. Silly me over here didn't even know the FE could do all that stuff. This is going to be so useful, thanks so much for putting in the hard work to do this and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the animations for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Eve! I had no idea that the FE could do all those cool things! I also admire you for taking on such a huge task!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RD! I was just admiring your pictures for the SF competition on Facebook. Great work!
    Hi Linday! Yes, basically every animation in the game can be recreated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT! Thanks so much for doing this Eve'y, as I really wanted to see what else could be done apart from 'Waterspout' lol

    Thank you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Katy and Alli. I'm glad it's helpful and I will need luck, lol! The one coming out today was a doozy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great works Eve, they are well done and brilliant to preview all of them. Thank you for all the efforts and time you have put into making these helpeful video :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi SimEve, I am trying to make a volcano, I use meteorimpact for the explosion but I want to make the illusion of ashes falling, so what would be the best code for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clubers- I think you could try the snow animations and see what that looks like. It might look good but it could be too white. You can try it out.
    snowfallingheavyday
    snowfallingheavydaytime
    snowfallingheavynight
    snowfallingheavynighttime
    snowfallinglightday
    snowfallinglightdaytime
    snowfallinglightnight
    snowfallinglightnighttime
    Also, this dark cloud one might be cool over the volcano area:
    billowycloud
    billowycloudsfx
    Let me know if these work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. magnifique!!!incroyable et si bien présenté!!!!merci mille fois et bisous de Paris

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello eve just a litle mcomment to see congrat because .your tuto effects is very good .thank you so mush for your fantastic job.friendly.jomsims

    tu es francais ou pas je ne sais pas si oui .je voulais te remercier pour ton fantastic travail sur les effets terrible je vient d ' essayez dans une de mes maison Genial .merci beaucoup et Bravo.amicalement.jomsims

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    First of all I'd like to thank you for your efforts, it is really a high-quality project. But I am still confused about rainbow. How do I make one? Is it an animation, or a static rainbow? I have commands like:
    rainbow
    rainbowsource
    rainbowsourceinter
    rainbowsourceinterinter, etc.

    How do I use them? Help me please!
    Thank you in advance.

    Gábor, Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've gotten that far yet on the list yet. I'll check it out next time I go in game. Not all of the effects work though, so it might be one of those. I'll let you know what I see in my game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super work, which must be very tedious.
    I updated the codes for SIMS 3 Generations
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3ihf5ud64a55hdn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wondering where you get these codes from, are they in a game files or something?

    ReplyDelete
  15. For codes you just look for the effects of S3PE "DeltaBuild0.package"

    ReplyDelete
  16. dear eve ,

    i realy want to know how to make a aquarium with bubbels !
    can you help me please?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks GamesY. I wondered how to find them. I've been getting them from Alexurt so far. It is a bit tedious... ;).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kimberly, there are a ton of bubble animations you can use. The best one I have seen for aquariums so far is one in the current set I am working on. Try "poolbubbles" It looks like the little jets of bubbles in aquariums.

    ReplyDelete
  19. For the anon. person asking about rainbow animations, I haven't been able to get them to work. I'll let you know if something changes, but g=for now it looks like they just don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Job! Thanks for your work :-),

    Gr. Puran

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks and you are very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super!!
    For emitter update for Pets :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?92cm466m2glmba9

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks :) I appreciate those of you who keep me updated :) I'm almost completely caught up! Wooo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations to reach the letter Z

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi There :) This is amazing! Thanks so much for putting so much work into it! I was wondering if it will work without generations?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really don't know since I have generations. But I would think it would work just from updates. Can't hurt to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm in the process of setting up a base game only Sims game on another PC so I can test things like that. I'll let you know if when I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hello~~Dear SimEve : thanks so much for your useful tutorials~ this is so wonderful for all of these codes~ but i want to know that what is Group EP? and what is Group EP2? thanks so much~

    ReplyDelete
  29. hello~~Dear SimEve : i want to ask there is a Group Pets-1 and Group Pets-2, is that this codes is only work at "PETs" EP??if i haven't this EP, the codes won't work? thanks a lot~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! I had no idea that you could do this! Thanks for the easy tutorial and groupings ;) Going to have so much fun with this xD

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pansy- Ep means Expansion Pack, so they just go in order of release. It's really just a way of listing them. As for the pets codes, I don't know if they will work without the expansion but it can't hurt to try them out. Make sure your game is fully updated and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are welcome, Blonde Chaos. I hope you can use them :).

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great job. I was wondering if you have to do anything special for the non-continuous animations to show? Is there something in the ctrl+shft menu that can activate the animation at intervals so as to appear more continuous? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, reply below. I always forget to reply instead of comment. :)

      Delete
  34. Not in the menu. But there is a way to do that(kind of). You have to use the processor. It's kind of complicated but this is the link to show how to use it. http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/index.php?title=Tomb_Building:_The_Processor

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just came to check if you were going to put up another video soon and saw the note at the top of the page. I am so sad, but I understand these vids take a lot of your time to make. I would like to thank you, and tell you how much I, and I'm sure many others, appreciated the ones you did make.

    Sincerely,
    SuperSeanski

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for saying that. It means a lot <3.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for uploading what you did! I only found these recently, and they were a big help to me.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for all of your amazing and patient hard work, very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for your hard work! Now my movies are now %100 Efficient thanks to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. almost 2 years since you started this great job and I missed it completely!
    Thank you so much for all the effort in showing the animations!

    Dipo

    ReplyDelete
  41. How can i install? Im sorry for my stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never stupid to ask a question. :) I am confused as to what you want to install. The fog emitter is already in your game. Have you seen the Intro & tutorial video yet? It shows where to find it. Let me know if you need more help.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou! :) Now i get it :P

      Delete
  42. Thank you very much for doing these videos. I had used the fog effects before, and knew you could do more with them, but I had no idea you could do THIS much more!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you so much for taking the time to create these videos. They have been very helpful to me. Thank you also for including links to other resources. Do you by any chance know if Alexurt's thread is updated through Seasons? I checked that thread and noticed some of the animations you used in your tutorial videos weren't listed there (specifically ep6neonlaserarch_main). I was wondering if you might consider publishing a list (in Alexurt's thread) to fill in the gaps of any codes that may have been missed? I really do appreciate all the work you do since I can't seem to figure out how to find the codes. (Where is that pesky deltabuild0.package?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me try to find out for you.

      Delete
    2. Here you go http://simsvip.com/category/fog-emitter-codes/

      Delete
  44. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for making these. Having visual previews sure help! I will test some in-game now. I wonder if those from EPs I don't have will work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should all work whether you have the eps or not. They do for me. I tested one from an EP that I didn't have at the time. I would think as long as your game is up to date.

      Delete
  48. Thank you very much for taking the time to do all of this. Love every video and it's come in handy so many times! Your videos have helped me to figure out which ones I can use and see how they look. I think my favorite one is the leaves one. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that effect too! I'm so glad you found these useful. :)

      Delete
  49. You absolutely rock! Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you so much for doing this! I've been doing the research on how to achieve my effects for a Sims 3 Machinima based of The Ten Commandments in the Bible and the movie and I've found what I needed. You are awesome! BTW I love your You Tube channel and immediately subscribed when I saw these videos.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Eve,

    Thanks for your efforts, they were of use many times. I can imagine that it took a long time to make, time you want to use as Sims time. But you helped a lot of people with your advices and work. Thanks...

    Take care.
    Kind regards,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  52. Just wanted to add a comment that I'm using the fog emitter for the first time (yes this late!) and your work invaluable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto only it's now 2019 and I'm just learning this stuff...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all the simmers, modders, and creators that have helped me learn so much! I've been playing since Sims 1 came out! (I'm old haha!) and I love that I'm still learning so much!

      Delete